Installing Auto Macros
To install the auto macros, you must copy them to your Normal template. First, however, make sure the Normal template doesn’t already contain macros with the same names. If it does, you’ll need to decide which macros are more important to you, and you may need to save your existing auto macros under a different name or copy them to a different template. Or, you can simply decide not to use the auto macros that come with Editor’s ToolKit.
Here’s how to copy the Editor’s ToolKit auto macros to your Normal template:
1. Under the Tools menu, select Macro.
2. In the Macro dialog box, click the Organizer button.
3. In the Organizer dialog box, click the Close File button on the left-hand side. The button will change to an Open File button.
4. Click the Open File button.
5. Select the AUTOMACS template in your templates folder.
6. Click Open.
7. Hold down the Ctrl key while you select all of the macros in AUTOMACS.DOT.
8. Press the Copy button to copy the macros to NORMAL.DOT.
9. Press the Close button on the lower right-hand side of the dialog box.
The auto macros are now copied to your Normal template, and they will run automatically when you open or close a document or exit Word.